The Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to serving the business community. Promoting and serving its members, improving the business climate, building a better workforce, and attracting new business to the area are a few of the areas that the Chamber focuses on. There are many specific advantages to joining The Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce including group health insurance, increased business exposure and consulting services.
The Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce was established in 1941 and is made up of approximately 500 member businesses and organizations. It includes firms from Bloomsburg, Danville, Berwick, Benton, Orangeville, Millville, Mifflinville, Elysburg, Catawissa and surrounding areas.
The mission of The Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce is…
TO REPRESENT the business community on matters of economic, educational, political, social and cultural concern.
TO FOSTER AND PROMOTE those activities, which enhance the economy and preserve and/or improve the environmental benefits, enjoyed by the community.
TO PROVIDE economic opportunities for the citizenry, both young and old.
TO SUPPORT matters which preserve and improve our quality of life.
Top 10 Reasons to Join The Chamber
- Increase your business exposure through The Chamber’s website, printed Membership Directory, and referrals by Chamber staff.
- Build business relationships at networking events such as the monthly Business After Hours and by taking an active role on a Chamber committee.
- Gain access to business news and information through The Chamber’s electronic and printed newsletters as well as regular informational programs.
- Marketing opportunities that provide access to business decision makers and community leaders.
- Access to the ChamberChoice health insurance program.
- Add your voice to community issues such as floodwall protection and airport expansion.
- Legislative representation in Harrisburg and at the local level on business taxes and other issues that impact business.
- Consulting services to assist entrepreneurs starting a business or existing businesses looking to grow.
- Access to business resources from statistical and demographical information to a network of contacts to assist businesses prosper and grow within the area.
- Help to build a better region by supporting workforce development, economic development, and other initiatives designed to improve the quality of life in our area.
The Chamber was re-accredited by the United States Chamber of Commerce, recognizing the strength of the organization and quality of the services it provides.
The Columbia Alliance for Economic Growth is an affiliate of the Chamber and provides economic program assistance to area businesses while working to develop and attract new businesses. The Alliance opened the Bloomsburg Regional Technology Center in mid-2005. The Center is designed to attract small and upstart technology based firms to diversify the area’s economic base and increase professional jobs. Another initiative of The Alliance is the development of a new business park in the area, to attract major employers offering high-quality, long-term jobs.
Together, the Chamber and the Alliance are working to make the area a better place to live, work and operate a business today and in the future.