The PA Dept. of Labor and Industry has updated its statewide job search website to make it easier for employers to post a job, connect with candidates and manage referral lists. JobGateway now features an employer portal designed to optimize the user experience. Employers can register to use the site free and anyone receiving UC benefits must register with the site to demonstrate active work search.
JobGateway was launched in July, 2012 after it became apparent that the labor-exchange component of the Commonwealth’s system was very limited and had fallen behind in this increasingly mobile and technologically advanced society. JobGateway was developed in order to modernize the way in which job seekers find family-sustaining employment and employers find the skilled candidates that they need to remain competitive in this economy. Utilizing a phased approach, enhancements and improvements to JobGateway will continue to be incorporated. Some of the enhancements for employers launched last week include:
– Manage all of your candidate-search activities in one location through a new dashboard;
– Connect to candidates during the search process;
– More options to search based on a candidate’s location;
– Filter candidate referrals by education, job type, location, occupation and salary;
– Sort candidate referrals based on the number of candidate profile elements that match your job posting.
Visit www.jobgateway.pa.gov to see first-hand how you can find talent utilizing these new features.
Employers with questions can contact the Columbia/Montour CareerLink office for assistance at 387-6288.