Please enter banners and links.
- The Weis Center for the Performing Arts has added a free show featuring Lenny Kaye, acclaimed guitarist for the Patti Smith Group, to its schedule for Monday, Dec. 4 at 7 p.m.
As musician, writer, and record producer, Kaye has been intimately involved with the creative impulse that marks the music. He has been a guitarist for poet-rocker Patti Smith since her band’s inception more than forty years ago, and has worked in the studio with such artists as Suzanne Vega, Jim Carroll, Soul Asylum, Allen Ginsberg, and Pussy Riot. He is the co-author of Waylon, the life story of Waylon Jennings; and his impressionistic study of the romantic singers of the 1930’s You Call It Madness: The Sensuous Song of the Croon, was published in 2004. His seminal and influential anthology of 60’s garage-rock, Nuggets, has long been regarded as defining a genre.
- Secret Agent 23 Skodoo will bring its unique kid-friendly hip-hop to the Weis Center for the Performing Arts on Tuesday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m.
The performance is free and tickets are not required. More Fraggles than Wiggles, more Soul Train than Thomas the Train, Secret Agent 23 Skidoo is equal parts Dr. Seuss and Dr. Dre. This Grammy-winning artist combines the excitement of hip-hop with the magical world of childhood. With sophisticated instrumental funk and positive, witty wordplay, he has earned a loyal national following. His latest album, Infinity Plus One, took home the Grammy Award for Best Children’s Album of the Year.
- The Northeastern Pennsylvania Industrial Resource Center (NEPIRC) will hold the third and final part of a three-part series on supply chain leadership and strategy on Wednesday, Dec. 6, at the NEPIRC Training Center, 75 Young St., Wilkes-Barre, from 8:30 a.m. – noon. The session is free, and is entitled “Competition is no Longer Between Companies – it is Between Supply Chains.”
- Dr. David Hamilton of Hamilton Dental Care and president of the The Jubilate Choir and Orchestra, is pleased to announce The Jubilate Choir and Orchestra’s Annual Christmas Concert, A Holy Night of Angels, will be on Saturday, Dec. 9 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 10 at 3 p.m. The choir and orchestra, under the direction of Dr. Alan J. Hack, is made up of community singers and instrumentalists along with Mrs. Kathy George accompanying on the piano. It invites all to join them at St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church, 123 Market St., Bloomsburg for this exciting concert, a high point of the Christmas season celebration in our area!
- Co., a social and professional networking group that is run by the United Way of Columbia and Montour County, will hold its annual holiday party on Tuesday, Dec. 12, from 5:30-7 p.m. at Filet 18, 18 W. Main St., Bloomsburg. Come and join this group of area professionals for a fun night of socializing and networking. Co. was founded to give area residents the opportunity to take advantage of all the great things this area has to offer. This group is for everyone, which means any age, ability, or area of residence. It holds multiple events each month. For more information about Co., including future events, visit its Facebook page.
- It is the season of giving and the Ken Pollock Auto Group, is continuing its yearly tradition of collecting new or slightly used coats, in all sizes to benefit local families. From now through Dec. 15, Ken Pollock Auto Group will be collecting coats that can be donated at any of its auto dealerships, including locally at Ken Pollock Ford Lincoln in Berwick. All coats collected in our area will be donated to the Columbia Child Development Program – Head Start for distribution to families in need. For more information, contact the Ken Pollock Auto Group at 570-655-4575.