Please enter banners and links.
- SEKISUI SPI recently received a Gold Level Award for its environmental initiatives at the recent International Association of Plastics Distribution (IAPD) conference.
These awards were established by the IAPD environmental committee in 2008 as a way to celebrate the environmentally responsible practices of IAPD member companies, including recycling, community outreach, employee engagement and more. There are four levels of the award – best overall program, gold, silver and bronze.
- Dr. David Hamilton of Hamilton Dental Care and president of the The Jubilate Choir and Orchestra, is pleased to announce The Jubilate Choir and Orchestra’s Annual Christmas Concert, A Holy Night of Angels, will be on Saturday, Dec. 9 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 10 at 3 p.m. The choir and orchestra, under the direction of Dr. Alan J. Hack, is made up of community singers and instrumentalists along with Mrs. Kathy George accompanying on the piano. It invites all to join them at St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church, 123 Market St., Bloomsburg for this exciting concert, a high point of the Christmas season celebration in our area!
- Co., a social and professional networking group that is run by the United Way of Columbia and Montour County, will hold its annual holiday party on Tuesday, Dec. 12, from 5:30-7 p.m. at Filet 18, 18 W. Main St., Bloomsburg. Come and join this group of area professionals for a fun night of socializing and networking. Co. was founded to give area residents the opportunity to take advantage of all the great things this area has to offer. This group is for everyone, which means any age, ability, or area of residence. It holds multiple events each month. For more information about Co., including future events, visit its Facebook page.
- It is the season of giving and the Ken Pollock Auto Group, is continuing its yearly tradition of collecting new or slightly used coats, in all sizes to benefit local families. From now through Dec. 15, Ken Pollock Auto Group will be collecting coats that can be donated at any of its auto dealerships, including locally at Ken Pollock Ford Lincoln in Berwick. All coats collected in our area will be donated to the Columbia Child Development Program – Head Start for distribution to families in need. For more information, contact the Ken Pollock Auto Group at 570-655-4575.
- Wild For Salmon will host a holiday tasting on Saturday, Dec. 16 at its store at 521 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11), Bloomsburg, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Chefs Matt and Josh have created and prepared a delicious holiday-inspired menu and they invite the public to stop by and try some of their wild caught salmon treats and meet one of their fisherman. This event will feature salmon sushi rolls, cajun shrimp-stuffed keta fillets, whole roasted king salmon, halibut soup, holiday spread with dried cranberries and pistachips, cajun dip and smoked salmon (garlic pepper, traditional sockeye and traditional king).
- The Bloomsburg Area YMCA will be celebrating the holiday season with a senior Christmas party on Tuesday, Dec. 19, from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. There will be a potluck-style meal, as well as fried chicken provided by the Y. Guests can come in their favorite ugly sweater and will be able to enjoy Wii bowling and a visit from Santa. Those interested in attending should register at the Y front desk by Friday, Dec. 15. There is no cost to attend this event.