http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg 0 0 Fred Gaffney http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg Fred Gaffney2018-02-21 09:31:342018-02-21 09:31:34Member News - February 21, 2018
- Today is the last day that Thrivent Financial will be collecting items for the Ronald McDonald House of Danville. Thrivent has a collection box at its office located at 417 W. Main St., Bloomsburg, and is collecting small snack items and beverages such as K-cups, juice boxes, and individually-wrapped snack items like granola bars, crackers and cookies. Anyone interested in making a donation should drop it off at Thrivent’s office by 3 p.m. today. Tomorrow, Thursday, Feb. 22, the public is invited to join Thrivent at the Ronald McDonald House between 5-8 p.m. where these donations will be presented to RMHD, and attendees can hear about the mission and focus of RMHD, take guided tours of the house and enjoy some hors d’oeuvres and a dessert buffet.
- Friedman Electric will host an art exhibit featuring local artist Claude Harrington at its Bloomsburg store, located at 1100 Old Berwick Rd., this afternoon, Wednesday, Feb. 21, from 3-5 p.m. There is no cost to attend and light refreshments will be served. Attendees can meet the arist, enjoy the arts and grab a snack while also having an opportunity to look around Friedman Electric’s Lighting Design Center, which features a wide range of products to keep homes and businesses a place of beauty, comfort and energy efficiency. This would make a perfect and convenient stop on the way to tonight’s Business After Hours, which is just down the street from Friedman Electric at Art of Floating and begins at 4:30 p.m.
- The Montour Area Recreation Commission (MARC) recently released its 2017 annual report. The complete report is available on MARC’s website.
- The Atlantic Sunrise pipeline construction continues to make steady, safe and environmentally responsible progress, according to Williams. Construction is already more than 30 percent complete, keeping the project on schedule to begin flowing natural gas later this year in late summer. To keep residents, businesses and other interested stakeholders up to date on construction activities, Williams has prepared an Atlantic Sunrise Construction newsletter for Schuylkill, Northumberland and Columbia counties. In it, you’ll find information on the latest round of the Atlantic Sunrise Community Grant program, and a mention of Williams’ recent nomination for the Chamber’s 2018 Large Business of the Year award.
- The Borough of Danville recently transitioned to new recycling tubs for its curb side recycling program. If you or anyone you know is still using the black plastic buckets for recycling, please call the Danville Borough office at 570-275-3091, ext. 0 to request a new recycling tub.
- The Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit’s technology group will conduct a pair of computer fairs for middle and high school students in March, and is seeking professionals in business and the community to serve as judges in specific categories. The middle school fair will be held on Monday, March 5 while the high school fair will be on Monday, March 26. Both will be held at CSIU 16’s building located at 90 Lawton Lane, Milton, and will run from 9-11 a.m. Categories that need judges are animation, computer fair logo, digital movies, graphic design, programming and web page design. For more information, or if interested in serving as a judge, contact Bill Herald as CSIU via email no later than this Friday, Feb. 23.
- The Bloomsburg Municipal Airport, which is operated by the Bloomsburg Municipal Authority, will hold a Fly-In/Drive-In Breakfast on Saturday, March 3, from 8 a.m. – noon at its location at 301 Airport Rd., Bloomsburg. The event is free and open to the public, however donations are suggested, and will be held rain or shine.
- The local PA CareerLink centers have scheduled their 2018 job fairs. The local one in our area will be held on Wednesday, May 9, from 4-7 p.m. at Columbia-Montour Area Vocational Technical School, located at 5050 Sweppenheiser Dr., Bloomsburg. There will also be job fairs during May just outside of the area at Shikellamy High School in Sunbury on May 2 and at the Selinsgrove VFW in May 30. Later in the year, there will be one at the Best Western in Lewisburg on Sept. 6. The registration links for employers are now open for the three May events. See the flyer for more information as well as registration links.