http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg 0 0 Fred Gaffney http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg Fred Gaffney2018-03-14 10:16:112018-03-14 10:16:11Member News - March 14, 2018
- The Wilkes Small Business Development Center will hold a First Step Workshop tonight, March 14, at 6 p.m. at its location at 85 South Main St., Wilkes-Barre. Cost for this workshop is $20, and registration can be done online or by calling 570-408-4340. A Wilkes SBDC representative is also available to meet with those interested in starting a business in the Bloomsburg and Columbia County area individually by appointment. Call the same number at the Wilkes SBDC to set up an appointment.
- The Enactus group at Bloomsburg University will partner with Downtown Bloomsburg, Inc. to conduct a pair of free workshops for business on how they can make use of social media for marketing purposes. The workshops will focus on optimizing social media management by touching upon marketing statistics, brand development, content creation and how to stay active on social media. The program will be presented on both March 20 and March 22, beginning at 6 p.m. at 151 East Main St., Bloomsburg (in the I-Cell Repair location). Local small businesses and nonprofits are encouraged to take advantage of this free opportunity and are also welcome to invite colleagues and/or neighbors.
- Geisinger Health Plan and the Columbia-Montour Aging Office, Inc. will team up to bring “A Matter of Balance,” an award-winning program, to the area for a series of presentations in April and May. This program for older adults and is designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. It is available to the public at no cost and will be held each Monday, beginning on April 9 and running through May 21, from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at Maria Joseph Continuing Care Community, located at 1707 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11), Danville. The program will also be held on Tuesday, May 29 due to Memorial Day, and this will be the last class. Attendees will learn to view falls as controllable, set goals for increasing activity, make changes to reduce fall risks at home and exercise to increase strength and balance. Registration is required, and to do so, call the GHP wellness team at 866-415-7138.
- The Bucknell Small Business Development Center will offer a First Step Workshop on Wednesday, April 11, from 1-3 p.m. at Service 1st Federal Credit Union, located at 1985 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11), Danville. This “pre-business” workshop is intended to assist potential entrepreneurs that are considering starting a business but might not know where to start. Attendees will learn about legal structure, selection a location, licenses and forms, insurance needs, business planning, small business taxes, hiring employees and more. Cost is $25 for each workshop, and those interested can register online or by calling 570-577-1249.
- The local PA CareerLink centers have scheduled their 2018 job fairs. The local one in our area will be held on Wednesday, May 9, from 4-7 p.m. at Columbia-Montour Area Vocational Technical School, located at 5050 Sweppenheiser Dr., Bloomsburg. There will also be job fairs during May just outside of the area at Shikellamy High School in Sunbury on May 2 and at the Selinsgrove VFW in May 30. Later in the year, there will be one at the Best Western in Lewisburg on Sept. 6. The registration links for employers are now open for the three May events. See the flyer for more information as well as registration links.