http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg 0 0 Fred Gaffney http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg Fred Gaffney2018-07-11 10:51:242018-07-11 10:51:24Member News - July 11, 2018
Please enter banners and links.
- Walker’s Jewelers and Nespoli Jewelers will host a “Community Over Competition” event in support of For The Cause, tomorrow evening, July 12, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Berwick Brewing Co., located at 328 W. Front St., Berwick. Come and learn about the Teen Center and speak with local teens about their experiences at the Teen Center, which will mark its one-year anniversary next month. There will be live acoustic entertainment provided by Dan Hess, and complimentary beverages will be available courtesy of Berwick Brewing.
- Community Options, Inc., a provider of residential and employment support to people with disabilities, is seeking individuals interested in serving on a new business advisory committee for Community Options’ Bloomsburg office. Community Options’ mission is to promote the integration of persons with disabilities within the communities in which they reside, enabling them to become viable and contributing neighbors, employees and citizens of the community. The purpose of this committee is to discuss and implement ways to help the organization better integrate into the community and bridge the gap between the community and the individuals it serves. If you may be interested in serving on this committee, or for questions, contact associate executive director David McConaghy at 570-638-6007 or email. The next committee meeting is scheduled for Thursday, July 26 at noon at Community Options’ Bloomsburg office, located at 1117 Old Berwick Rd.
- If you’ve ever wanted to take the Millennium Falcon into hyperspace, stand beneath a 15-foot AT-AT walker, or tour an Ewok village, come to LCBC Church Columbia-Montour any weekend in July. This month, all LCBC campuses throughout Central Pennsylvania transform their space into movie sets and this year the Columbia-Montour campus, located at 2421 Columbia Blvd., Bloomsburg, will be featuring Star Wars. Experience life-size, interactive movie scenes beginning at 6 p.m. each weekend throughout the month of July. Attendees will be able to: Take photos with Darth Vader, stormtroopers, Princess Leia or racing speeders through the forest of Endor; test drive from the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon; see a 15-foot-high animated AT-AT and walk through an Ewok village; and converse with a life-size R2D2 and interact with BB-8! For more information, contact LCBC Church at 570-784-2132 or visit .
- The Bloomsburg Public Library will be holding a “Country Fair” this Saturday, July 14 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., to help kick off Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble’s production of Charlotte’s Web. There will be games, creative activities, real animals and fun for all ages. For more information, visit the Facebook event.
- LCBC Church Columbia-Montour will be a premier host site of the 2018 Global Leadership Summit, an annual leadership conference featuring business and thought leaders from throughout the country, which is produced and distributed by the Willow Creek Association. This conference, which takes place outside of Chicago, is live streamed via satellite to several locations throughout the country, including locally at LCBC Church, located at 2421 Columbia Blvd. (Rt. 11), Bloomsburg. LCBC Church is offering Chamber members and the public a free preview of this event next Tuesday, July 17, from 8-9:30 a.m. The “Taste of the Summit” is an opportunity to experience a summit session and leadership talk. Breakfast refreshments will be provided. If interested in attending, please RSVP by next Monday, July 16 at 12 p.m. by calling Pam Christine at 570-784-2132, or email. For more information on this free preview, see the invite flyer, and for more information on the summit itself, visit the link above.
- The Bucknell SBDC will host its annual Celebration of Small Business breakfast, which will also mark a celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Bucknell SBDC, on Thursday, July 19, from 8-10 a.m. at the Elaine Langone Center’s Terrace Room on the 2nd floor on the Bucknell campus. Business owners, legislators, economic development partners and startup enthusiasts are invited to join the SBDC for breakfast to recognize the entrepreneurs and leaders of the region. Special presentations will include the U.S. Small Business Association Young Entrepreneur of the Year for Eastern PA, the Product Innovator of the Year and the Charles H. Coder Entrepreneurial Leadership Award, named for the Bucknell SBDC’s founding director. Register online or call 570-577-1249.
- Bloomsburg University will present an exhibition of photos from a soldier who served in the Vietnam War. Titled “Blaine Cooper: Images From a Local Soldier in Vietnam,” the exhibition will take place on Friday, July 27, from 6-8 p.m. in the Gallery at the Greenly Center, located at 50 E. Main St. in downtown Bloomsburg. This event is free and open to the public, and complimentary light refreshments will be provided. Cooper will then be part of a speakers’ panel from 6:30-8 p.m. For more information regarding this event, contact Bob Heckrote, Office of Military and Veterans’ Resources, at 570-389-4696 or email, or graduate assistant Briann Halpin at 570-389-3858 or email.