http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg 0 0 Fred Gaffney http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg Fred Gaffney2018-09-26 09:41:022018-09-26 09:41:02Member News - September 26, 2018
Please enter banners and links.
- The Penn State World Campus will hold an online MBA sample class in which interested individuals can discover what it’s like to be a student in the Penn State Online MBA program tomorrow, Sept. 27 from 7-8 p.m. For a complete listing of upcoming PSU World Campus information events and news, check out its Sept. newsletter for alliance partners, through which all employees of Columbia Montour Chamber members, their spouses and dependents are eligible for a 5% discount on tuition through the Penn State World Campus.
- Did you know that three out of every four car seats are installed incorrectly? Make sure yours isn’t one of those three by stopping by Ken Pollock Volvo, located at 339 PA Route 315 in Pittston, this Saturday, Sept. 29 between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m., where PA State Police will be on hand to install child car seats safely and securely. There will also be fall fun decorating and snacks for the little ones that show up with Mom and Dad. Ken Pollock Volvo is part of the Ken Pollock Auto Group, which also owns Ken Pollock Ford Lincoln in Berwick. See the Facebook event page for more information.
- The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation‘s Women’s Giving Circle will hold its annual celebration on Thursday, Oct. 4 at the Pine Barn Inn from 6:30-8:30 p.m. This event, sponsored by First Keystone Community Bank, will celebrate another successful year for the Women’s Giving Circle, which was established to empower, connect and inspire women and girls by supporting initiatives and resources that better their lives. This event is open to the public and those individuals that may be interested in joining the Women’s Giving Circle. For more information, see the flyer, and RSVP by emailing or calling Karri Harter at 570-752-3930 ext. 6.
- The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation will hold a luncheon on Friday, Oct. 5, from 12-1:30 p.m. at the Iron Fork’s banquet room to celebrate the grants made to community organizations through the Danville Area Community Foundation. Local nonprofit organizations will be presented with the 2018 grant awards. There is no cost to attend, but an RSVP is requested. RSVP online or by emailing or calling Karri Harter at 570-752-3930 ext. 6.
- NEPIRC, DRIVE and SEDA-COG will team up to host a Lunch and Learn titled “Cybersecurity Trends & Safeguards for Manufacturers on Tuesday, Oct. 23, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Monty’s on the Bloomsburg University campus. This free seminar is specifically intended for manufacturers and helping them respond to current threats and trends in the cybersecurity world. Topics covered will include ransomware, hacking, breaches and disasters, and safeguards will also be presented including best practices for prevention, mitigation and incident response. See the flyer for more information, and register online, by email, or call 570-704-0018.
- The Press Enterprise will host a Career Expo on Wednesday, Oct. 24, from 2-6 p.m. at Berwick Golf Club. There is no cost to attend, and PA CareerLink Columbia/Montour Counties will also be on hand for some free job search workshops. There will also be door prizes every hour. Businesses interested in being a vendor are asked to register by Oct. 11. For more information or to register, call 570-387-1234 or visit the Facebook event page.
- MePush will be hosting a series of study sessions throughout the fall at its conference room at 130 Buffalo Rd., Lewisburg, for information technology professionals that are taking and interested in getting together to study for the Cisco CCNA exam. This major certification in the IT industry is a big undertaking for some, so MePush would like to offer a forum to help other IT pros in the area improve their skills and certifications. If interested, please email Art so MePush can have a headcount.