The Danville Area Community Foundation (DACF) presented $44,360 to local nonprofit organizations during a celebratory luncheon held on Friday, Oct. 5, at The Iron Fork restaurant at Frosty Valley Resort. The 20 organizations receiving these grants included nine Chamber members.
These grants were awarded through the DACF’s recent competitive grantround supported by the following DACF funds: Joan and Fred Miller Family Fund, Holdren Family Fund, Jim and Jackie Shutt Fund, May Family Fund, Metzer Fund, Neighbors Helping Neighbors Fund, Eleanor M. Burke Fund, Terry and Sandy O’Rourke Family Fund, The Booth Family Fund, Ackerman Family Fund, and The Cole Family Fund.
The DACF administers a total of 69 endowed and pass-through funds investing over $240,000 annually to local nonprofits and students. These funds include scholarship, donor-advised, field-of-interest, designated, agency and unrestricted funds. A complete listing of DACF funds can be found on the Foundation’s website.
The 2018 Grant Recipients Include:
• Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble, North Central Secure Treatment Unit After School Drama Program Support Grant $500
• Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Food Security Network in Greater Danville Area $1,000
• Central Susquehanna Community Foundation – Youth in Philanthropy Fund, Danville High School Youth in Philanthropy Program Support 2018-19 Academic Year $2,460
• Central Susquehanna Sight Services, Inc., 2018/2019 Prevention of Blindness Programs for Young Children and Adults $1,000
• Columbia Montour Council No. 504 Boy Scouts of America, Financial Assistance for Scouts $5,500
• Danville Area Community Center, Organization Support & Making Community Connections $3,000
• Danville Area Diaper Bank, Danville Area Diaper Bank $1,000
• Danville Business Alliance, Organization Support & 2018/2019 Bicycle Rack Initiative $2,000
• Danville Child Development Center, DCDC’s Out of School Time program: Ensuring High Quality Afterschool Environments $2,000
• Danville Fire Department, Ladder truck replacement $1,000
• Danville Lady Railers, Hess Field Revitalization $1,000
• Geisinger, Support of Geisinger Nurses $3,000
• Girls on the Run of Greater Susquehanna Valley, Financial Assistance Initiative $500
• Montour Area Recreation Commission, Organization Support & Equipment Trailer Purchase $6,500
• Montour County Historical Society, Organization Support & Boyd House Project $7,100
• North Branch Young Life, North Branch Young Life Mentorship Expansion $1,000
• Pennsylvania Pets Inc., Organization Support $1,000
• Ronald McDonald House of Danville, Inc., Share-A-Night Program $500
• Thomas Beaver Free Library, Support of Science Fiction Collection in memory of Pat Ackerman & Organization Support $2,800
• Zing Productions, Community Outreach Project $1,500
The Danville Area Community Foundation’s mission is to provide for charitable needs in the Danville area. DACF is an affiliate of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation (CSCF) which administers DACF’s grant and scholarship programs. For more information, please visit csgiving.org or contact Christine Pangelinan, CSCF Program Officer, via email.
DACF Board Members are Jean Knouse, Chair, Bonnie Trump, Second Vice Chair, Wendy S. Tripoli, Financial Liaison, Ken Altenbach, Secretary, Ken Ackerman, Robert O. Booth, Greg Cole, Donald G. Cotner, Jr., Bonnie L. Johnson, James D. Kishbaugh, II, Mark LaMotte, Linda Marks, R. Randolph May, Robert J. McWilliams, Jr., O. Fred Miller, III, Robert W. Snyder, Gary W. Visneski, Martin L. Walzer