http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg 0 0 Fred Gaffney http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg Fred Gaffney2018-10-03 09:45:372018-10-03 09:45:37Member News - October 3, 2018
- The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation‘s Women’s Giving Circle will hold its annual celebration tomorrow, Oct. 4 at the Pine Barn Inn from 6:30-8:30 p.m. This event, sponsored by First Keystone Community Bank, will celebrate another successful year for the Women’s Giving Circle, which was established to empower, connect and inspire women and girls by supporting initiatives and resources that better their lives. This event is open to the public and those individuals that may be interested in joining the Women’s Giving Circle. For more information, see the flyer, and RSVP by emailing or calling Karri Harter at 570-752-3930 ext. 6.
- The annual Covered Bridge Festival at Knoebels Amusement Resort, which is organized by the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau, is scheduled for this Thursday-Sunday, Oct. 4-7. Hours of the event are 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Thursday-Saturday, and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Sunday. There is free parking and free admission. This year marks the 37th edition of the event, which will feature over 400 craft vendors and 38 food vendors, and the rides at Knoebels will also be open each day. View a list of the rides that will be open each of the four days.
- The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation will hold a luncheon this Friday, Oct. 5, from 12-1:30 p.m. at the Iron Fork’s banquet room to celebrate the grants made to community organizations through the Danville Area Community Foundation. Local nonprofit organizations will be presented with the 2018 grant awards. There is no cost to attend, but an RSVP is requested. RSVP online or by emailing or calling Karri Harter at 570-752-3930 ext. 6.
- Wild For Salmon will host a fall tasting event this Saturday, Oct. 6 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at its retail stores on 521 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11) in Bloomsburg. Chef Josh has crafted up some salmon wellington (a great replacement for the traditional turkey), Thai fish and pumpkin soup, and smoked salmon puff pastry bites with a creamy goat cheese to taste. There is no cost to attend this event.
- As part of its economics lecture series, Bloomsburg University will sponsor a lecture featuring Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe, professor of economics at Columbia University, on Tuesday, Oct. 9, from 2-3 p.m. at Mitrani Hall in the Haas Center for the Arts. The talk is titled “Monetary Policy in Times of Low Inflation.” This event is free and open to the public. For more information, see the flyer.
- NEPIRC, DRIVE and SEDA-COG will team up to host a Lunch and Learn titled “Cybersecurity Trends & Safeguards for Manufacturers on Tuesday, Oct. 23, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Monty’s on the Bloomsburg University campus. This free seminar is specifically intended for manufacturers and helping them respond to current threats and trends in the cybersecurity world. Topics covered will include ransomware, hacking, breaches and disasters, and safeguards will also be presented including best practices for prevention, mitigation and incident response. See the flyer for more information, and register online, by email, or call 570-704-0018.
- The Press Enterprise will host a Career Expo on Wednesday, Oct. 24, from 2-6 p.m. at Berwick Golf Club. There is no cost to attend, and PA CareerLink Columbia/Montour Counties will also be on hand for some free job search workshops. There will also be door prizes every hour. Businesses interested in being a vendor are asked to register by Oct. 11. For more information or to register, call 570-387-1234 or visit the Facebook event page.
- MePush will be hosting a series of study sessions throughout the fall at its conference room at 130 Buffalo Rd., Lewisburg, for information technology professionals that are taking and interested in getting together to study for the Cisco CCNA exam. This major certification in the IT industry is a big undertaking for some, so MePush would like to offer a forum to help other IT pros in the area improve their skills and certifications. If interested, please email Art so MePush can have a headcount.