Please enter banners and links.
- Ken Pollock Ford Lincoln, along with all of the other Ken Pollock dealerships throughout northeast Pennsylvania, is hosting its fifth annual Trunk or Treat from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. on today, Oct. 31. All Ken Pollock dealerships will be loaded with treats and good eats. Wear your best costume and stop in for some fun.
- Bloomsburg University will hold its fall 2018 Health & Human Career Connections Expo this Friday, Nov. 2, from 1:30-3:30 p.m. at the Kehr Union multipurpose rooms A & B. This event brings employers seeking to recruit students interested in careers in health, allied health and human services for opportunities such as job shadowing, internships and full-time employment. This event is open to all BU students and alumni in these career fields. If you are an employer interested in attending, or have questions, contact Michael Babb via email. There will also be a networking reception with faculty, staff and students.
- Service 1st Federal Credit Union has announced plans to expand into Elysburg.
The credit union recently purchased the former Santander Bank building located at 196 West Valley Avenue (Rt. 487) and is looking forward to opening in Spring 2019. “The Elysburg office will mark our twelfth location,” said Bill Lavage, president/CEO, Service 1st. “We’re delighted to become part of the Elysburg community and look forward to providing affordable, quality financial services to residents in the Elysburg area.” Service 1st has offices in Bloomsburg, Danville, Lewisburg, Loyalsock, Mifflinburg, Montandon, Shamokin Dam, Sunbury and Wilkes-Barre.
- Commonwealth Health – Berwick Hospital Center will hold an open house and community hernia screening from 6-8 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 8. The open house will include tours of the hospital and blood pressure checks, informational stations on Berwick Retirement Village and the hospital services, and a meet-and-greet with the primary care physicians affiliated with Berwick Medical Professionals. An educational session and hernia screenings – both free to the public – will be offered at this time by general surgeons who are on staff at Berwick Hospital. Light refreshments will be served. Anyone interested in scheduling a hernia screening is asked to call 570-354-6515 or visit MyBerwickHerniaSeminar.com. Berwick Hospital Center is located at 701 East 16th St., Berwick.
- Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital will once again offer a complimentary meal for veterans on Thursday, Nov. 8 in the GBH dining room. There will be four separate seatings – at 3, 4, 5 and 6 p.m., and the meal is complimentary for all U.S. veterans and one guest. Join GBH as they celebrate the service of our veterans to the U.S. Because seating is limited each hour, reservations are required by Friday, Nov. 2. Call 570-387-2145 today to reserve your seat(s). The buffet dinner includes carved roast beef, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn, green beans, beverages and cake and ice cream.
- The Penn State World Campus has a few upcoming information webinars during the month of November for those interested in learning more about classes and degrees from Penn State’s online classes. On Thursday, Nov. 8, from 9-10:30 p.m., there will be a virtual open house for military in which participants can meet staff and learn about the process for applying for and earning an undergraduate degree through the PSU World Campus. On Tuesday, Nov. 13, from 8-9 p.m., there will be an undergraduate admissions and career services webinar for perspective PSU World Campus undergraduate students interested in learning about the World Campus experience and career services offered to students. On Wednesday, Nov. 14, from 12-1 p.m., there will be a webinar to learn more about the Master’s in Professional Studies, applied demography degree. It will focus on how the program is designed for working professionals, and how it focuses on concepts, measures, data, software and analytical skills used in the public and private sectors. Finally, on Thursday, Nov. 15, from 12-1 p.m., there will be a Master of Science in Nusing (MSN) informational webinar for those interested in the nurse administrator or nurse educator options of Penn State’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program. As a reminder, employees of all Columbia Montour Chamber members, their spouses and dependents are eligible for a 5% discount on tuition through the PSU World Campus.
- The Berwick Elks Lodge 1138 will host a ceremony and dinner for Veterans Day on Sunday, Nov. 11 beginning at 4 p.m. at its location at 117 West 2nd St., Berwick. All veterans and the public are welcome to attend. The ceremony will be performed by the Elks Lodge beginning at 4 p.m., with a presentation of colors by the Berwick VFW. Guest speakers include state senator John Gordner and veteran Timothy Hutton. RSVPs are appreciated but not required at 570-759-8131, and please leave a message.
- LIFE Geisinger will host its annual Open House on Tuesday, Nov. 13, from 3-6 p.m. at its location at 1100 Spruce St., Kulpmont. There will be light refreshments, door prizes, tours of the facility, and an opportunity to learn about this innovative alternative care program for older adults intended to keep them living in their own homes. Please RSVP to Wendy Rishel by email or call 570-373-2100.
- The Montour Area Recreation Commission (MARC) is creating a new development advisory committee to advise and assist MARC with fundraising for MARC’s long-term general operations and site specific needs at the Montour Preserve, Hess Recreation Area, North Branch Canal Trail, Hopewell Park/Danville Borough Farm Trail System and other sites. The committee will begin to meet in January 2019 on a schedule to be determined by committee members. Committee members will serve on an unpaid volunteer basis. Letters of interest are now being accepted from community members with a background in fundraising and a demonstrated commitment to supporting outdoor recreation in and around Montour County. Interested individuals are asked to provide a brief one to two-paragraph statement of their background, skill set and willingness to serve. Information should be emailed to Bob Stoudt, MARC director, by email no later than Friday, Nov. 16. Candidates will be considered by MARC’s board on Monday, Nov. 19, during MARC’s regularly scheduled meeting. MARC anticipates appointing up to eight community members to this committee.
- Profile Coffee and Roasters will be hosting several other local small businesses at its coffee shop, located at 185 S. Market St., Elysburg, for a Small Business Saturday shop local event on Saturday, Nov. 24 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. There is no cost to attend. There will be 8-10 craft vendors and other small businesses featured.
- NEPIRC will conduct a free leadership training seminar titled “Leadership Development Essentials” on Thursday, Dec. 6, from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, located at 725 West Front St. (Rt. 11) in Berwick. This program is intended to help individuals become stronger, more impactful leaders. While joining other managers and supervisors to discuss workplace challenges, attendees will explore topics that include self-awareness, power & authority, risk & failure and leadership style. Using self-assessment tools and experiential learning, attendees will examine their strengths and weaknesses while exploring best practices of exceptional leaders. Register via the NEPIRC event website.
- Wild For Salmon will host a holiday tasting event at its retail store on 521 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11) in Bloomsburg on Saturday, Dec. 8, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. There is no cost to attend. Much like its other public tasting events throughout the year, this event will feature some dishes specially prepared by Wild For Salmon’s in-house chef featuring salmon and other seafood for attendees to taste, only this time, there will be a winter and holiday theme to the menu selections.
- MePush will be hosting a series of study sessions throughout the fall at its conference room at 130 Buffalo Rd., Lewisburg, for information technology professionals that are taking and interested in getting together to study for the Cisco CCNA exam. This major certification in the IT industry is a big undertaking for some, so MePush would like to offer a forum to help other IT pros in the area improve their skills and certifications. If interested, please email Art so MePush can have a headcount.