http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg 0 0 Fred Gaffney http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg Fred Gaffney2018-11-28 10:13:572018-11-28 10:13:57Member News - November 28, 2018
Please enter banners and links.
- Pretty Petals & Gifts by Susan, located at 158 East 9th St., Bloomsburg, as well as at 1168 State Route 487, Paxinos, is celebrating the first anniversary of its Bloomsburg store this month by offering a chance to win free flowers every month for a year. Stop in the store anytime during November and register to win. No purchase is necessary and the winner will be drawn on Nov. 30, which is also the first day of its two-day Holiday Open House (not to be confused with the Chamber’s Holiday Open House on Dec. 13). On Nov. 30, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and on Saturday, Dec. 1, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., stop in the store for refreshments and numerous gift ideas. There is no cost to attend and no purchase is necessary. For more information, check out the November ChamberPack flyer.
- The dealerships of the Ken Pollock Auto Group are currently holding their annual coat drive through Dec. 18 at all of its dealerships through northeastern Pennsylvania, including Ken Pollock Ford Lincoln in Berwick, located at 1120 West Front St. (Rt. 11). Those interested in making a donation can drop off new or slightly used coats of all sizes for both men and women, and the donations will be given to the Columbia County Head Start.
- NEPIRC will conduct a free leadership training seminar titled “Leadership Development Essentials” on Thursday, Dec. 6, from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, located at 725 West Front St. (Rt. 11) in Berwick. This program is intended to help individuals become stronger, more impactful leaders. While joining other managers and supervisors to discuss workplace challenges, attendees will explore topics that include self-awareness, power & authority, risk & failure and leadership style. Using self-assessment tools and experiential learning, attendees will examine their strengths and weaknesses while exploring best practices of exceptional leaders. Register via the NEPIRC event website.
- Wild For Salmon will host a holiday tasting event at its retail store on 521 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11) in Bloomsburg on Saturday, Dec. 8, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. There is no cost to attend. Much like its other public tasting events throughout the year, this event will feature some dishes specially prepared by Wild For Salmon’s in-house chef featuring salmon and other seafood for attendees to taste, only this time, there will be a winter and holiday theme to the menu selections.
- North Shore Railroad will once again host the NARCOA Speeders for its 15th annual Toys for Tots drive. The mini cars will travel up and down the railroad tracks from North Shore’s headquarters in Northumberland through Berwick and back on Saturday, Dec. 8, beginning at 8 a.m. in Northumberland. Anyone is welcome to come alongside the railroad tracks to meet the speeder drivers and hand them a new, unwrapped toy for the drive. The speeders are scheduled to arrive in Danville at the Middle School at 9 a.m., Rupert at 10 a.m., Bloomsburg at 10:30 a.m., and Berwick at 12:30 p.m. If unable to meet the speeders on this date, but if interested in making a donation to the toy drive, donations can be dropped off at the North Shore office, located at 356 Priestley Ave., Northumberland, by Friday, Dec. 7. For more information, check out the Facebook event.
- HR4ALL will hold a free luncheon and executive briefing on affordable healthcare options and human resources consulting services on Thursday, Dec. 13, from 12-12:45 p.m., at the Farrington Place, located at 416 W. 3rd St., Williamsport. This event will feature a trio of strategic partners, including HR4ALL, a professional human resources expertise consultant, speaking about a group of small and medium-sized businesses getting together to pool resources that will hopefully enable them to access less expensive, self-funded health plans in the future. For more information, call 570-592-0518, or see the event flyer at right, and to RSVP, text HR4ALL to 555888.