Please enter banners and links.
What do a handful of initiatives and actions of Bloomsburg University and the Town of Bloomsburg, 2018 new members ALTERA Life, LLC and Green Thumb Industries, Leadership Central Penn’s largest class ever, a couple of initiatives of PPL Electric Utilities and its foundation, Department of Homeland Security resources and the Downtown Berwick enhancement committee all have in common?
Stories about these subjects and/or Chamber members were among the top 25 most read stories on the Chamber website in 2018.
Listed below are the 25 most-read stories from the Chamber website (according to website traffic numbers) in 2018 (through Dec. 26). Website traffic increased again in 2018 over 2017, meaning our content is increasingly meaningful to both our members and the public as we work to bring our audiences content that is relevant to them. We thank you all for your interest in our work and that of our members in 2018, and we look forward to again bringing everyone information that is of relevance to the local business community and much more in 2019.
(Compare this year’s top stories to 2017’s top stories)
1. Discount Card Pilot to Welcome New Bloomsburg University Students Underway (June 14, featuring Bloomsburg University and Town of Bloomsburg)
2. Bloomsburg University Working to Reverse Enrollment Trend (March 23, featuring Bloomsburg University)
3. Chamber Announces 2018-19 Board of Directors (Feb. 9, featuring Rolling Pines, PPL Electric Utilities, Bloomsburg University, Key Partners Realty, Geisinger, First Columbia Bank & Trust, GordnerCoombs Insurance, Service Electric, Service 1st Federal Credit Union, M&T Bank, Press Enterprise, Central Susquehanna Community Foundation and Commonwealth Health-Berwick Hospital Center)
4. Bloomsburg Town Gown Relations Committee Announces Block Party Weekend Parking Lot and On-Campus Residence Hall Visitation Restriction (April 20, featuring Bloomsburg University and Town of Bloomsburg)
6. PPL’s Operation Help Program Assists Families in Need (Jan. 5, featuring PPL Electric Utilities)
8. 40th Annual Renaissance Jamboree Set For Saturday, April 28 (April 27, featuring Bloomsburg University, Downtown Bloomsburg, Inc., and Town of Bloomsburg)
9. Leadership Central Penn Celebrates Largest Graduating Class in Program History (May 29, featuring Pine Barn Inn, AGAPE, Camp Victory, The Women’s Center, For The Cause, Bloomsburg University, Foundation of the Columbia Montour Chamber, PPL Electric Utilities, Geisinger, SEKISUI SPI, Service 1st Federal Credit Union, First Keystone Community Bank, Autoneum North America, Inc., Kawneer, Girton Manufacturing, Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital, First Columbia Bank & Trust, USG, Central Susquehanna Community Foundation and Welch Performance Consulting)
10. Holiday Season Kicks Off With Full Weekend of Events in Bloomsburg (Nov. 1, featuring Bloomsburg Fair, Downtown Bloomsburg, Inc., Caldwell Consistory, Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble, WHLM, Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital and Service 1st Federal Credit Union)
11. Leadership Central Penn Seeks Applications for 2018-19 Class (June 10, featuring Foundation of the Columbia Montour Chamber)
12. Downtown Berwick Enhancement Efforts Moving Forward (Oct. 5, featuring Community Strategies Group and Central Susquehanna Community Foundation)
14. Bloomsburg Ordinance Change Seeks to Increase Parking Availability (Dec. 14, featuring Town of Bloomsburg and Downtown Bloomsburg, Inc.)
15. Bashar Hanna Inaugurated as 19th Bloomsburg University President (May 2, featuring Bloomsburg University)
16. Chamber Announces Additional Membership Category (May 31)
20. Bonus Depreciation Bill Advances in State Senate (March 29)
22. Annual Awards Winners Announced at Chamber’s Annual Meeting (Feb. 9, featuring Rolling Pines, PPL Electric Utilities, First Columbia Bank & Trust, Steph’s Subs, Columbia Alliance for Economic Growth, SEKISUI SPI, Commonwealth Health-Berwick Hospital Center, LCBC Church, Berwick Industrial Development Association and Geisinger)
24. Attendees Learn About State’s New Medical Marijuana Law, How to Apply it to Workplace Drug Policy (Nov. 23, featuring Columbia Colonnade, PA CareerLink Columbia/Montour Counties, PPL Electric Utilities and Steph’s Subs)