http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg 0 0 Fred Gaffney http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg Fred Gaffney2019-02-20 10:48:252019-02-20 10:48:50Member News - February 20, 2019
Please enter banners and links.
- A free job fair will be held this Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 21-23, at the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds in the Industrial, Arts & Crafts and Educational buildings. Any business interested in booking a space should complete the one-page vendor application. For questions, please call Diane Considine at 570-479-0636 or Barb Belles at 570-387-4144.
- The Danville Business Alliance will host an economic vitality meeting and informational session this Friday, Feb. 22, at 8 a.m. at the DBA office at 620 Mill St., Danville. It has invited Paul Macknoskey, regional director from PA Department of Community and Economic Development for an informational session to explain what the Opportunity Zone designation, the Neighborhood Assistance Program, and a Façade program means for the area, how it works, and who can benefit. Jackie Hart, director of codes & building development for Danville Borough, will provide information on the Borough’s LERTA Ordinance. The Neighborhood Assistance Program/Enterprise Opportunity Zone and LERTA ordinance are incentive programs that provide tax credits to businesses or private companies investing in rehabilitating, expanding, or improving buildings or land located within designated areas. Please RSVP by email is you would like to attend this meeting.
- The Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit is seeking professionals in the business community to serve as judges in specific categories at its PA Media and Design Competition (formerly called the PA State Computer Fair). There will be separate regional competitions, one for middle school students on Monday, March 4, and one for high school students on Monday, March 25, both at CSIU #16 located at 90 Lawton Lane, Milton. If interested in participating in these events as a judge, please email Bill Herald by this Friday, Feb. 22. For more information about the event, including a list of categories, visit the event’s website.
- AGAPE is in desperate need of warehouse and driver volunteers. Even if you might only be able to help one day per month, that would be of tremendous value to AGAPE as it works to ensure it serves those in need. If interested, or for questions, please contact AGAPE at 570-317-2210 or stop in their office at 19 East 7th St. in Bloomsburg and fill out an application.
- Currently, and running through April 4, the United Way of Columbia and Montour County is again offering free basic tax help to low and moderate-income residents in the community. This program will be held Tuesdays and Wednesday from 2-6 p.m. and Thursdays from 4-8 p.m. at Wesley United Methodist Church, located at 130 W. 3rd St., Bloomsburg (use the rear entrance). No appointments are necessary, only drop-offs and walk-ins will be accepted. For questions, call the United Way at 570-784-3134 or email, and see the flyer for additional information.
- Knoebels Amusement Resort will hold its annual job fair on Saturday, March 2, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., at the Elysburg Fire Department, located at 1 East Mill St., Elysburg. There are seasonal positions available in games, ride operations, food service, gift shops, grounds crew, security & first aid, admissions, crystal pool, campground, guest services, and more. If you have a particular interest or skill set, Knoebels has a job for you. Visit the Facebook event for more information.