http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg 0 0 Fred Gaffney http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg Fred Gaffney2019-02-27 09:32:532019-02-27 09:42:56Member News - February 27, 2019
- Knoebels Amusement Resort will hold its annual job fair on Saturday, March 2, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., at the Elysburg Fire Department, located at 1 East Mill St., Elysburg. There are seasonal positions available in games, ride operations, food service, gift shops, grounds crew, security & first aid, admissions, crystal pool, campground, guest services, and more. If you have a particular interest or skill set, Knoebels has a job for you. Visit the Facebook event for more information.
- AGAPE is in desperate need of warehouse and driver volunteers. Even if you might only be able to help one day per month, that would be of tremendous value to AGAPE as it works to ensure it serves those in need. If interested, or for questions, please contact AGAPE at 570-317-2210 or stop in their office at 19 East 7th St. in Bloomsburg and fill out an application.
- Currently, and running through April 4, the United Way of Columbia and Montour County is again offering free basic tax help to low and moderate-income residents in the community. This program will be held Tuesdays and Wednesday from 2-6 p.m. and Thursdays from 4-8 p.m. at Wesley United Methodist Church, located at 130 W. 3rd St., Bloomsburg (use the rear entrance). No appointments are necessary, only drop-offs and walk-ins will be accepted. For questions, call the United Way at 570-784-3134 or email, and see the flyer for additional information.
- Wild For Salmon will host a “Think Spring Tasting!” on Saturday, March 9, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at its retail store located at 521 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11) in Bloomsburg. Chef Josh will be demonstrating how to prepare garlic pepper smoked sockeye salmon deviled eggs and a delicious whitefish Pic-Cod-ta. There will also be other delicious fish-inspired dishes to try. There is no cost to attend. For more information, check out the Facebook event page.
- The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation is pleased to announce the hire of Katie Simpson in the new staff position of communications and events associate. In this role, Katie will coordinate and implement strategy for all communications, including website content, social media, leveraging events and public relations messages, and collateral/marketing materials to consistently articulate the Foundation’s mission. A native of Bloomsburg, Katie holds a B.A. in marketing from Eastern University and has previous experience working in nonprofit marketing. She most recently filled the role of director of development and institutional awareness at Columbia County Christian School.
- LHC Group, Inc., Geisinger Home Health and Hospice and AtlantiCare Home Health and Hospice recently announced they have entered into a definitive agreement for a joint venture partnership to enhance home health and hospice services at Geisinger locations in Pennsylvania and at AtlantiCare – a member of Geisinger in Atlantic County, N.J. It is anticipated that the joint venture agreement will be completed by April 1 for the Pennsylvania locations, and by June 1 for New Jersey, subject to customary closing conditions, at which time LHC Group will purchase majority ownership of Geisinger’s home health and hospice services and assume management responsibility. The Home Health and Hospice service of Geisinger and AtlantiCare delivers patient-centered care for those needing 24/7 access to healthcare in the comfort of their home and for patients in need of end-of-life care. It has locations in Danville, Bloomsburg, Wilkes-Barre, Northumberland, Montoursville, Lewistown, Lewisburg and Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, and in Atlantic County, N.J. Healthcare joint venture partnerships are a key component in helping patients manage their conditions and receive efficient and effective care. Working together, LHC Group and its partners deliver a level of in-home healthcare service that is recognized industry-wide for consistent quality. They provide affordable care options that offer the guidance, support, and resources patients and families need to make an informed decision for themselves or a loved one. LHC Group is a leading national provider of in-home healthcare services and the joint venture partner of choice for 340 hospitals across the United States.
- The Danville Business Alliance was recently awarded a $50,000 grant to help fund its Main Street Façade Improvement Program through the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development’s Keystone Communities Program. Gov. Tom Wolf recently announced the approval of funding through this program to support 43 community revitalization projects across the Commonwealth. Since January 2015, the Wolf Administration approved more than $22 million through the Keystone Communities program to fund 131 projects statewide, including façade grants for businesses, accessible housing projects, public infrastructure improvements, and other projects to strengthen communities and downtown districts.