Please enter banners and links.
From PA Emergency Management Agency
Pennsylvania is a state of small businesses, with our one million small businesses forming the bulk (more than 99%!) of our business economy. Small businesses employ almost half of Pennsylvania’s workforce.
National Small Business Week recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. It is also an important time to learn and plan for how to get your business back to business after disaster strikes.
An estimated 40% of businesses do not open again after a major disaster, according to the Institute for Business and Home Safety. Protect your small business by identifying the risks relevant to your location, both natural and human-made. Then, keep your plan of action updated.
Pennsylvania Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) can provide assistance and confidential consulting on topics such as:
• Creating, updating and refining business continuity plans
• Acquiring capital, before and after the event
• Developing mobile-ready strategies to prepare for employees working
off-site when needed
• Finding ways to maintain connectivity during a business disruption
Find a center near you at www.pasbdc.org.
More Sources For Assistance
• Learn more about starting, registering, operating and growing a business in Pennsylvania visit the PAs business, “One-Stop Shop.”
• Emergency and Continuity Planning
• Business and emergency planning