- Local motorists are advised that Norfolk Southern Railroad Co., plans to replace the railroad crossing on Route 54 (Elysburg Road) just off the Danville-Riverside bridge in Riverside Borough. The crossing replacement is scheduled to start Friday, June 14, at 9 a.m. Work includes removing existing concrete panels to inspect the track, and repaving. A detour will be in effect for all eastbound Route 54 traffic using Route 11, Route 42 and Route 487.Westbound Route 54 car traffic will use Third Street, Chestnut Street and South D&H Avenue. Westbound trucks will use Route 487, Route 42 and Route 11. Motorists should consider taking alternate routes, as heavy congestion and slow-moving traffic is expected in and around Riverside Borough. Work is expected to be completed by 5 a.m. Tuesday, June 18.
- Autoneum’s Bloomsburg plant has been presented with a 2018 Supplier Quality Excellence Award by its long-standing customer, General Motors. GM certifies its top performing suppliers with this accolade, with only 15 percent of the manufacturing locations having successfully met the strict requirements in 2018. This is the second time the Bloomsburg plant has received the prize for quality excellence in addition to the 15 GM “Supplier of the Year” awards won previously.
The Berwick Industrial Development Association (BIDA) is pleased to announce the recent hire of Amy J. Shortlidge, who joins the BIDA team as a marketing specialist. Within this role, Amy will be responsible for overall marketing strategy, researching and evaluating opportunities to promote the organization’s business support services and executing effective marketing communications to our current and potential tenants, clients and residents of the Greater Berwick Area. Amy comes to BIDA with over two decades of marketing experience and working within the community. Throughout the years, Amy has established endless relationships and contacts that will help her enable BIDA’s continued growth and success. Amy can be reached at 570-752-3612 or by email.
- The Berwick Industrial Development Association (BIDA) is also pleased to announce the recent promotion of Stacy Whitmire.
Within her new role, as bookkeeper, Stacy will ensure the efficient operation of BIDA’s business functions such as human resources, finance and accounting. Stacy has dedicated over seven years of service to BIDA and during that time, has striven to build relationships between the business development community. Stacy’s knowledge of the organization will be a true asset in its continued development and achievements. Stacy can be reached at 570-752-3612 or by email.
- The Children’s Museum will host Families with Special Needs Night on Friday, June 28, from 6-8 p.m. at the museum located at 2 West 7th St., Bloomsburg. This evening is specially for families with special needs individuals and features a reduced number of visitors, space and freedom to explore at your own pace, adapted exhibits, a quiet area, fun craft and sensory activities and an opportunity to network with other families. This quarterly event is free to all families with special needs members.
- The Regional Impact Fund of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation recently announced its second competitive grandround of $50K for projects that address current areas of unmet needs throughout the CSCF’s service area, which includes Columbia and Montour Counties. This year’s grantround will consist of an exciting new application process and opportunity for the public to get involved. Interested nonprofits will first submit a Letter of Inquiry introducing their organization, needs, service area, and budgetary request. Those proposals selected by the CSCF Grants Committee will then be invited to submit a full application and participate in The Nonprofit Narrative on Monday, July 29, at 8:30 a.m. at the Danville Area High School auditorium. The Nonprofit Narrative is a platform for these groups to share their grant requests and stories of regional impact—the joys, challenges, dreams and requests each face as they serve our neighbors, communities, and region at large. For more information on the Regional Impact Fund, competitive grantround or The Nonprofit Narrative, visit csgiving.org/rif.