The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation (CSCF) has undertaken a 5 ½ countywide initiative to meet ever-changing community needs in Columbia, Lower-Luzerne, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties. This work is supported through the Foundation’s Regional Impact Fund which is an unrestricted fund established to address a broad range of local needs. As a result, the CSCF is pleased to announce $50,000 in awards from the Regional Impact Fund to local nonprofit organizations, which included three Chamber members. Grant recipients received the awards during the Regional Impact Fund’s After-Hours Celebration on Aug. 15 in Lewisburg.
This year’s grant recipients include:
• American Red Cross – Home Fire Preparedness Campaign, $1,500
• Birthright of Sunbury, Inc. – Family Assistance for Emergency Infant Medicine Cabinet Supplies, $500
• Bloomsburg Fire Department – Thermal Imagine Camera, $1,585
• Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble – Theatre for All, $5,000
• Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way – Local Vision Project, $7,500
• HandUp Foundation – Re-entry and Job Readiness Program, $5,000
• McBride Memorial Library – Library Computers, $4,270
• Montgomery House Library – On Site and Mobile Internet Service and Gadget Help, $2,000
• Setebaid Services, Inc. – In-Kind Medical Supplies Tracking System Project, $3,500
• Snyder County Libraries – Dementia Friendly Libraries, $3,000
• Susquehanna Valley CASA – Voices for Children – Recruit, Train and Deploy Volunteers in Snyder, Union and Northumberland Counties, $4,500
• Susquehanna Valley Law Enforcement Camp Cadet – Camp Cadet: Snyder, Union and Northumberland Counties Program, $1,645
• The Arc Susquehanna Valley – “Opportunity Imprints” All-Abilities Business Year One Start-Up, $2,500
• United Way of Columbia and Montour County – United in Recovery Regional Prevention Marketing Campaign, $7,500
Nonprofit organizations that provide programming in the Foundation’s 5 ½ county service area (Columbia, Lower-Luzerne, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union Counties) are encouraged to apply during the 2020 competitive grantround. Details will be available at csgiving.org.
A special thank you is extended to M&T Bank, the Regional Impact Fund corporate sponsor.