Please enter banners and links.
From Central Susquehanna Community Foundation
The Bloomsburg Area Community Foundation (BACF) recently awarded $9,600 to local nonprofits during its competitive grantround, which included grants to six different Chamber members. The awards were granted through the Bloomsburg Area Community Foundation Fund. The Foundation focused its funding on organizations that invest in community programs ad projects within Bloomsburg and surrounding areas. Grant recipients received the awards during the BACF annual luncheon on Sept. 5.
This year’s grant recipients include:
• AGAPE Love from Above to Our Community – (W.I.N.) Women in Need, $700
• Bloomsburg Fire Department – Thermal Infrared Camera, $700
• Central Susquehanna Sight Services, Inc. – 2019/2020 Preventing Blindness in Our Community Initiative, $500
• Coalition for Social Equity – Organization Support in Honor of Isabelle Tarr, $1,000
• Columbia Child Development Program – Increase STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) Materials for 2-5-year old’s, $750
• Wesley United Methodist Church (Community Friendship Meal) – Restock the 2019 Emergency Pantry, $700
• Eos Therapeutic Riding Center – Purchase new Copier/Printer, $1,000
• Exchange Arts, d.b.a. The Exchange – Bringing the Blues to Bloomsburg Town Park, $500
• Friends of the Columbia County Traveling Library – Filling the Gaps: Updating the Children’s Book Collection at the Traveling Library, $550
• Orangeville Public Library – Expansion of the Orangeville Library for Children’s Room Addition, $1,000
• Pennsylvania Pets, Inc. – Bloomsburg Area Spay/Neuter Program, $700
• The Arc Susquehanna Valley – Social Recreation Programs for the Differently Abled in Bloomsburg, $500
• The Children’s Museum, Inc. – Outdoor Classroom Improvements, $300
The Bloomsburg Area Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, which helps administer BACF’s grant investments. Nonprofit organizations that provide programming in the Bloomsburg community and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply during the 2020 competitive grantround, which can be done online when the grantround is opened.
2019 BACF board members included John Thompson, chair; Fred Gaffney; Paul Reichart; Rick Vanderpool; Kristin Austin; C. Cleveland Hummel, Lauren Martz, Fred Trump, Pam Young