http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg 0 0 Fred Gaffney http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg Fred Gaffney2019-09-25 10:55:562019-09-25 10:55:58Member News - September 25, 2019
- The Danville Area Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, will hold its grant awards breakfast on Wednesday, Oct. 9, from 8:30-10 a.m., at the Meadows Community Center at the Maria Joseph Continuing Care Community. This event annually celebrates the investments made to community organizations through the work of the DACF. Local nonprofit organizations will be presented with 2019 grant awards during the breakfast. Reservations are required but there is no cost to attend (see printed invitation). To reserve your seat, please contact Katie Simpson by email or at 570-752-3930 by Oct. 2.
- The fall issue of the Montour Preserve newsletter, prepared by the Montour Area Recreation Commission, is now available.
- Villager Realty’s Danville office recently made a $1,000 donation to the Montour Area Recreation Commission to benefit the Montour Preserve.
- Knoebels Amusement Resort received three first place honors at Amusement Today’s 2019 Golden Ticket Awards, which were held earlier this month and annually honor the “best of the best” in the amusement industry (view all winners). The results come from a survey that is sent to a database of experienced and well-traveled amusement park fans around the world asking the to rate the “bests” in 22 categories. For the second straight year, the Phoenix was named the top wooden roller coaster in the world, and it is one or just two wooden roller coasters that have made the top 10 each year for the last 22 years. Knoebels also captured the top honor for best food, which it has won 17 times in the last 20 years. Also, the category of “Best Carousel” was one of four categories that was retired this year, and Knoebels’ was recognized as a Legend in this category after its Grand Carousel took first place in every year the award was presented – 14 in total. Additionally, Knoebels finished in third place for Best Halloween Event of 2018 for its Hallo-Fun Weekends in October. WBRE had a brief news report on these honors.
- Wild For Salmon will hold a fall tasting event on Saturday, Oct. 12, at its store at 521 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11), Bloomsburg, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Come out and taste some samples of sockeye salmon tortilla soup, keta salmon power bites, holiday shrimp dip, and 7-layer salmon dip.
- The Children’s Museum, The Exchange, the Bloomsburg Area YMCA, AGAPE and Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble will team up to hold Boo!burg, a free Halloween event, at the Children’ Museum, on Friday, Oct. 25, from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Enjoy Trunk-or-Treat, children’s crafts and games, marshmallow roasting, a costume contest, watch a great pumpkin drop and more.
- There will be a fun, Halloween-themed, family-friendly fundraising event on Saturday, Oct. 26, at Hawkins Chevrolet, located at 1856 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11), Danville, to benefit the Montour Area Recreation Commission, which manages the Montour Preserve. This event is being hosted by the Danville Business Alliance and several other Danville-based organizations. It will feature an obstacle course, pumpkin toss, trunk or treat and much more. All proceeds raised from the event will benefit MARC, which currently does not have enough funding to sustain operations beyond next fall. For additional information, visit the Facebook event page, and view the below video.