http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg 0 0 Fred Gaffney http://columbiamontourchamber.com/wp-content/uploads/Chamber-logo-small.jpg Fred Gaffney2019-10-02 09:27:352019-10-02 09:27:36Member News - October 2, 2019
- The Danville Area Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, will hold its grant awards breakfast on Wednesday, Oct. 9, from 8:30-10 a.m., at the Meadows Community Center at the Maria Joseph Continuing Care Community. This event annually celebrates the investments made to community organizations through the work of the DACF. Local nonprofit organizations will be presented with 2019 grant awards during the breakfast. Reservations are required but there is no cost to attend (see printed invitation). To reserve your seat, please contact Katie Simpson by email or at 570-752-3930 by Oct. 2.
- Wild For Salmon will hold a fall tasting event on Saturday, Oct. 12, at its store at 521 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11), Bloomsburg, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Come out and taste some samples of sockeye salmon tortilla soup, keta salmon power bites, holiday shrimp dip, and 7-layer salmon dip.
- DRIVE will host an Open House on Thursday, Oct. 17, from 4-6 p.m., at its new office building located at 418 Railroad St., Danville (in the old Metso Minerals Building). Come check out the newly renovated DRIVE office space and common areas, which include a 700 square foot training room available for daily rental and 24,000 square feet available for fit-out and lease. Refreshments will be provided. RSVP by emailing or call 570-284-4296.
- The Children’s Museum, The Exchange, the Bloomsburg Area YMCA, AGAPE and Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble will team up to hold Boo!burg, a free Halloween event, at the Children’ Museum, on Friday, Oct. 25, from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Enjoy Trunk-or-Treat, children’s crafts and games, marshmallow roasting, a costume contest, watch a great pumpkin drop and more.
- There will be a fun, Halloween-themed, family-friendly fundraising event on Saturday, Oct. 26, at Hawkins Chevrolet, located at 1856 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11), Danville, to benefit the Montour Area Recreation Commission, which manages the Montour Preserve. This event is being hosted by the Danville Business Alliance and several other Danville-based organizations. It will feature an obstacle course, pumpkin toss, trunk or treat and much more. All proceeds raised from the event will benefit MARC, which currently does not have enough funding to sustain operations beyond next fall. For additional information, visit the Facebook event page, and view the below video.
- Providence Engineering will host a special AIA accredited event presentation titled Structural Engineers: Why we do what we do on Wednesday, Nov. 6, from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Blair County Convention Center, located at One Convention Center Dr., Altoona. As Design Professionals plan their designs, and as Contractor personnel encounter conditions that just won’t meet design criteria, it is important that they understand “Why” the Structural Engineer produces the designs with which they are engaged, so that all might enter into educated discussions of alternatives. This seminar will provide an overview of what is important to Structural Engineers in the use of soils, concrete, masonry, hot-rolled steel, cold-rolled steel, PEMBs, wood, and fasteners in typical designs. 4 LU/HSW credits are available. For more information or to register, visit online.