Businesses are invited to participate in an upcoming event aimed at educating local students and their parents about the diverse paths to a successful career. The Chamber’s Foundation is partnering with PA CareerLink and Central Pennsylvania Workforce Development Corporation to host the 2020 Future Careers Expo and Parent Pathways Awareness Night. This is a wonderful opportunity for employers to meet with students (and parents) and share information about the types of work that is done, and the jobs that are available. This is not intended to be a “job fair”, but an opportunity to inspire students to explore a career path that might lead to your company.
The event will be held Tuesday, March 3rd from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. at the Columbia Montour Area Vocational Technical School. Participating businesses can begin setting up at 4:45. There is no cost to participate.
Middle and high school students and their parents from at least eight area districts (Benton, Berwick, Bloomsburg, Central Columbia, Columbia Montour Vo-Tech, Danville, Millville, Southern Columbia) will be invited to attend. The goal of this event is to educate students about the many great career opportunities in our area, including the types of industries available here, the skills and education needed for specific careers, future job openings, etc.
Participating employers are encouraged to provide the following information:
- An overview of your business/industry
- The types of jobs or careers available and the education, or skills, needed for those jobs
- The future of your business and how that will affect future careers
- Information on internships, job shadowing, etc.
- Any type of informational or marketing materials that can be handed out
- Photos/display boards/examples of products or services
- Hands on activities that demonstrate your business
- Your contact information in case students have more questions following the Expo
- Door prizes that students may win through random drawings
Tables (6′ long) will be provided and electricity, internet access, and a limited number of extension cords will be available. Businesses should provide their own table cloths and skirting. A light meal will be provided for the representatives working the Expo.
Register for the event at https://tinyurl.com/futurepathexpo no later than Friday, February 21. For questions or additional information, contact Jeff Emanuel at the Foundation at [email protected] or 570-784-2522.