The Berwick Borough Council has allocated $55,799 of Community Development Block Grant-Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) program funding to assist restaurants that have been negatively impacted by the pandemic. SEDA-Council of Governments and The Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce will be evaluating the applications on Berwick Borough’s behalf.
For businesses to be eligible for funding assistance through this program, the recipient business must meet all of the following criteria:
- Submit a fully completed BERWICK BOROUGH Small Business Support Grant Program application to Tyler Dombroski, SEDA-COG, by February 26, 2021; and
- Be a for-profit restaurant business located within the municipal limits of BERWICK BOROUGH; and
- Be an incorporated business in and/or registered to conduct business within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; and
- Be negatively impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic shutdowns; and
- Be able to meet one of the national objective requirements (primarily benefit to low and moderate income persons) of the CDBG-CV program.
Grants will be evenly distributed between all successful applicants. Successful applicants will need to provide demonstrable business costs for rent/mortgage, utility, staffing salaries, inventory/supplies, and/or marketing/advertising. Grants from this program cannot cover expenses already addressed through other financial assistance programs.