Please enter banners and links.
The Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce the nominees for the organization’s 2022 Annual Awards. The awards will be presented at this year’s Annual Meeting, the 81st for the organization, being held virtually on Wednesday, Feb. 9th at 11:00 a.m. Click here to register.
This meeting provides an opportunity to recognize organizations and individuals for their extraordinary efforts in serving the community throughout the year. The Chamber will present five awards: Small Business of the Year, Large Business of the Year, Nonprofit of the Year, Community Progress Award, and the Outstanding Citizen Award.
The Outstanding Citizen Award, the longest-tenured award, was first presented in 1970. The organization added the Small Business of the Year, Large Business of the Year, and the Community Progress Award in 2011. The Nonprofit of the Year was first introduced in 2020.
The recipient of each award is selected by the Awards Committee. Members are as follows:
- Jeff Emanuel, Chamber Foundation Director
- Renee Gerringer, Ronald McDonald House of Danville
- Lisa Makara, Geisinger | Wilkes-Barre
- Chris Stamatedes, PPL Electric Utilities
- Jeffrey Whitenight, First Columbia Bank & Trust
- Elaine Woodland, First Keystone Community Bank
- Melanie Ziegler, FirstLight Fiber
Nominees for the 2022 Annual Awards are as follows:
Small Business of the Year
- Martz Technologies, Inc.
- Ponduce Farms
- Shanty Secrets
Large Business of the Year
- Crispin Multiplex
- Great Dane
- North Shore Railroad
- Webstaurant Store
Nonprofit of the Year
- Columbia County Traveling Library
- Berwick Area United Way
- For the Cause
- The Hand in Hand Family Resource Center
- Ronald McDonald House of Danville
- Lissa Bryan-Smith
- Jeff Emanuel
- Harry Mathias
- Catherine “Kay” Mentrikowski
Community Progress Award
- Northeast Training Institute
- Tri County Lumber