Please enter banners and links.
6th Annual High School Art Show Now on Display: Winners Announced
The Bloomsburg Children’s Museum held its 6th Annual High School Art Show on Friday, March 4th. The show featured 54 pieces from local high school students. The event was sponsored by the Exchange in Bloomsburg. Prizes were sponsored by Blick Art Materials and Cheap Joe’s Art Supplies. Cabot Cheese provided refreshments. The show will be on exhibit until April 22, 2022.
The exhibits ranged from watercolors to woodburning and acrylics to photography. They were produced by students from Bloomsburg Christian School, Danville Area High School, Hazleton Area Arts & Humanities Academy, Benton Area High School, Bloomsburg High School, and homeschooled students.
Oren Helbok, the Executive Director of the Exchange in Bloomsburg, felt grateful to participate as a judge in the event.
“As an organization dedicated to bringing the arts to all communities throughout our region, The Exchange commends and celebrates the Bloomsburg Children’s Museum for its energetic support of high-school artists, and we feel grateful to have the Museum as a partner. We look forward to these young people bringing their artwork for Exchange Gallery shows as well,” he said.
- 1st Place Overall: Brooke Woll, “Bee,” Danville Area high school, grade 10
- 2nd Place Overall: Felicia C., “Me, Myself & I” Hazleton Area Arts & Humanities Academy, Grade 12
- 3rd Place Overall: Sam S., “Vroom Vroom,” Bloomsburg High School, Grade 11
- Honorable Mention Overall: Kaitlyn Gabel, “If I Could Fly,” Danville High School, Grade 11
- 1st Place Best Collection: Riley S., Hazleton Area Arts & Humanities Academy, Grade 11 with “Bear,” “Chickadee,” and “Nefertiti.”
- Honorable Mention Best Collection: Anna Maffei, Danville Area High School, Grade 11 with “Her Ambience,” “Chloe’s Mind,” and “Mother Nature’s Outcry”
- Best Acrylic: Lydia S., “Feathered Fiasco” Acrylic Paint, Hazleton Area Arts & Humanities Academy, Grade 10
- Best Charcoal: Helenne B., “Father” Charcoal, Hazleton Area Arts & Humanities Academy, Grade 12
- Best Digital Art: Felicia C., “Dark Academia” Digital, Hazleton Area Arts & Humanities Academy, Grade 12
- Best Mixed Media: Ryan-Elizabeth Fluke, “Venus in Mixed Media,” Bloomsburg Christian School
- Curator’s Choice: Malakai S., “Elk” and “Safari” Pyrography, homeschool, Grade 10
Pictures can be found here.