Position: Internship (unpaid) 3-6 credits
Preferred Majors: Marketing/Mass Communications/Public Relations
Responsibilities: Individual will work with the Director of Marketing and Communications and other staff in accomplishing tasks relating to the overall mission and activities of The Chamber for its members and the community.
Following is a list of duties that the intern may be responsible for during the course of his/her internship experience:
- Write and edit articles, press releases, and features for the Chamber website and publications.
- Design and develop marketing/promotional materials for special events such as trade shows, events, seminars, Golf Outing and various other programs. These materials include flyers, brochures, ads, press releases and other promotional material deemed necessary.
- Creation of various marketing and promotional materials relating to membership
- Maintaining communications with Chamber members through periodic surveys and responding to inquiries about products/services.
- Periodic review and update of the Chamber’s website with regard to Calendars of Events, content, statistics, and design issues.
- May also be responsible for other duties deemed necessary such as assist in the update of existing brochures, member mailings, and/or other communication-related function.
Candidates should be able to work independently with a minimum amount of supervision. Skills should include strong writing ability and communication and computer skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, WordPress, and Gnu Image Manipulation Program a plus.
Please send resume, writing samples, and any portfolio material to The Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce, ATTN: Intern Supervisor, 238 Market Street, Bloomsburg, PA 17815.